Monday, December 29, 2008


Adventure Korea


Hmmm...leaving the U.S. during the holiday was difficult. As my family prepared for Christmas, I was packing my bags to began an adventure to teach English in Korea. I left on December 23. I arrived to Yangju City (Duckjeong) on December 24. The director of ICLS graciously picked me up during her break. I was so thankful I was being picked up by someone that I had become familiar with via phone.
Was I nervous? No, not the least. I was ready for this experience. Ready, as far as wanting to go outside of the country again and embrace the change of being out of my comfort zone. Here I am at the airport in San Francisco, the last city before I left the U.S. I sat a while and wondered what my apartment in South Korea would look like, what my co-workers would be like and of course what kind of students would I have to make an impression and lives I would change....

1 comment:

  1. I might want to see how things go for you. I'm teaching in Mongolia right now but I've been thinking of teaching in Korea next year. I'm going to follow, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete